Friday, April 3, 2015

Loving Cape

So I have not blogged for almost 2 years! We moved to Geneva in August 2013 and the months building up to our move was crazy, to say the least. After a period of settling in, I found my long lost love in baking (which is in my blog next door: jasminekarsono.blogspot.com) and didn't really focus on what to wear. Well, not that I didn't focus, but I just couldn't find what was right for me. The 4 seasons threw me off. Coming from sunny humid Singapore, Switzerland was different. Living in the US for 11 years during my college years never prepared me for this - fashion-wise. I couldn't figure out what looked chic for work, not constricting yet warm, the right type of fabric, the right coat, what color for the season... And the list was endless. Finally after 2 winters K managed to get my groove back :). So here's to my first blog entry after the 2 year hiatus!
This is my new found love: The Cape. It looks effortlessly chic, but it is oh-so-hard  to figure out. One wrong outfit and you look like Lando Calrissian 😆. After many trial and errors, I finally figured out how to pair it. Always use a slim, fitted, plain top and equally so with the trousers. Try to have contrast with the cape so that you don't look like Batman. Think Grace Kelly when you're walking because there is a tendency to feel like you're wearing a bedsheet. I got my cape from Zara in Milan, my top is a simple cardigan with pearls from Forever 21 Amsterdam and trousers from Zara online. The shoes are slingbacks from Charles & Keith Singapore and the bag is Prada. My accessories were nothing expensive and were all from Forever 21. Proves to show that looking chic doesn't always cost a fortune (but the travelling does 😜).

No comments:

Post a Comment