Sunday, July 31, 2011

My Travelling Bag

Here is my trusty, ever-so-faithful bag that I use as my handbag when I travel.  This bag obviously is no designer bag, but I think it is representable and clearly serves it purpose.  It is from Charles & Keith and I got it for less than $50, but boy is it so durable - probably due to the fact that it is pure vinyl (though it has a nice, soft lining inside with lots of pockets! Who doesn't love pockets in bags!).   It is big, has many compartments, strong, stain-resistant, dent-resistant, big enough to fit even the bulkiest laptop together with my ipad, iphone, blackberry and all my make-up, wallet, umbrella, my neighbor's dog and all the other junk I carry - basically everything except the kitchen sink.   I have spilled a whole cup of latte in it in Bali (don't ask why I put a full cup of coffee in my bag through an x-ray machine - that's even beyond me :p), I have spilled a whole glass of red wine on it on a flight to India (more like pour on it), I have kicked it under the airplane seat more times than I can remember, dumped it on a dirty floor in Vietnam, and took it all through my journey in Laos.  This bag has gone everywhere with me, has seen the world as I see it, but I have to say, it has not seen better days. It is still as pretty and as shiny as when I first got it.

Well, when you travel as much as I do, you have to have bag that is big enough to fit everything, reliable and fuss-free that you can just dump everything inside and don't have to worry when you happen to mistreat it. The last thing you want is to be seen with an all-beatened-up bag, full of stains and falling apart on you.  Most importantly, the bag has to serve its purpose as a representable and dignified accessory even when you're caught on your most aweful, jet-lagged, haggered, no make-up, right-out-of-the-flight day!
Cheers !!

No comments:

Post a Comment