Saturday, September 8, 2012

Make-Up 101

I have been down with a cold and flu for the past 5 days.  It has been awful and I was literally strapped to my bed.  After Day 3 I got quite bored, but had no energy to move.  My bones and body were aching, I had a really bad runny nose and cough.  So, I resorted to my ipad and occupied myself.  Other than playing online games, I looked for tutorials on doing make-up. So...today, always too much time on my hands on a Saturday night, I had my helper, Ninik, become my model for me to practice my new found skills. 

Check-out her before and after photos.  Look how pretty she is! (Sorry, no step-by-step pics. This was my first time and so had my hands full!).

This is Ninik after my make-over :). I contoured her left and right side of her forehead, lower cheekbones and sides of her nose.  She is wearing a hand-me-down cocktail dress (by Bebe) from me. Yes, I used to be THAT skinny :)

This is Ninik before.  She has a pear-shaped face. 
    


I did not tweeze all of her eyebrows because half of it was quite thin, and without make-up she can look really ghostly without brows.  And so I just made her brows neater and covered it up with concealer.  In this close-up, you can still see the fine brow hair.  She also has very short lashes, and so I put on full false lashes on her and created a wing with the eyeliner to extend her eye.  (yes, I should have blotted all the oil off her face before taking this pic :)).

1 comment:

  1. wow...you did an amazing job..make up really could do wonders... very nice, Jay!

    ReplyDelete