Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Going Vintage

Old stuff doesn't always mean old fashioned and outdated. I have been shamelessly rummaging through my grandma's closet lately and I found so many things she doesn't use anymore.  Here are several things I unearthed.

Gucci handbag circa 1985. She bought this in the Gucci store at Fifth Ave, NYC.  Love the design though the leather is hard to care for. I am wearing a reversible washed bolero made from vintage Javanese batik fabric. (Bolero: Gaya Gaya Butik)

This handbag is from Cartier, also bought in NYC in 1982.  Other than the very dry leather, it is still in very good condition. I used leather conditioners to soften and moisturize the leather to prevent it from cracking. It perfectly matches the Prada heels I got in Melbourne from F/W 2009 season. This shows that vintage can be new again!



No comments:

Post a Comment