Saturday, March 19, 2011

Techno Romance

Techno Romance was a S/S 2010 trend but for some reason a lot of the trends I am seeing these past few weeks reminded me of it.

As the trend name suggests, it actually is rather contradictory and confusing.  The colors involved are romantic: white, dusty pink, pastels.... but then there are the greys.  The style was also soft yet tech-y.  Not an easy one for me. 

I found the techno romance trend was full of dusty pinks.  When it came out, I had nothing in my wardrobe that was that color but for some reason, as always, I accumulated lots of dusty pinks after the trend has elapsed.



I kinda look like a school girl here, but I like the whole dusty pink ensemble, almost head-to-toe.  It will be super monotonous if it is all the same color, but I 'broke' it here and there with gold, such as the accessories I wore, the shoes and some on the bag. (Dress: Warehouse, Shoes: Aldo, Bag: Miu Miu)
 

Here's me and my son before we left for holidays.  You can still look nice on the plane without being restricted and still be 'on-trend' :-).  (Shirt & Necklace: Forever 21, Trousers: Zara, Shoes: Prada)

 
And the greys...it is an easy color, and the collar actually brought the 'techno' out.  However, the cut of the dress and how it falls asymmetically right above the knee brings the 'romance' in.  The bracelets are a ncie twist to pull the theme together and the strappy sandals accentuates the 'romance' bit.  (Dress: Zara, Bracelets: m-phosis, Shoes: Aldo, Clutch: Trussardi vintage, my grandma's :))


No comments:

Post a Comment