Thursday, March 10, 2011

Hello Yellow

I have to admit, yellow is not one of my favorite colors, and so when I was briefed that yellow is the dress code for this week's event, for once I was confused. Without even opening my wardrobe I know that I only have one piece of clothing that is yellow and it is not even mine! It belongs to my cousin who was sleeping over more than a year ago and left it here. Apart from that, I really don't know how to accessorize yellow: is it with black, brown, gold, silver...? What color compliments yellow? And will it look good on my dark skin tone? Sooo many questions, not too much time to research... So here's what I cooked up.

The beauty of working at Novena Square is that it is close to many shops and by train it is just 2 stops from Orchard Rd. I bought this Max Azria dress during a lunch hour shopping sprint and the dress can be classified as yellow (though it can also be borderline mustard brown). I paired it with my newly acquired Aldo shoes and figured apparently gold and yellow does work! Just watch out on the tones, you don't want people to go blind when they see you!


Nita is pairing hers with red Guess shoes.  I have to admit it would not be my first instinct to do that, but hey, I think it works!

Marissa is our new Pantene ambassador for Nature Care in Indonesia, and she looks absolutely fab in her yellow and green strapless dress with the yellow bling shoes! Love, love, love!




2 comments:

  1. That yellow dress is fabulous on you, and it does work on the gold shoes. *makes a mental note of checking something like those...want!*

    I think Marissa played it too safe by wearing all yellow there. My mom would choose lime green shoes (it's a match without being too matchy matchy -- my word of the day, btw)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard to pull off yellow outfit.. however, you look so stunning in it!

    miss you!

    http://aishasioux.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete