Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Strapless Dress

I always find strapless dresses make me look like a sausage.  It just sorts of binds you all together and give the impression you can't breath.  Throughout the years I figured that what is really critical when choosing a strapless dress is the style.  If you have large thighs like me, a bondage dress will not work.  If you have broad shoulders, a straight-cut strapless top will make you look squeezed-in rather than flattering.

Here's an example of a strapless dress that I love so much.  It is from Sebastian, an Indonesian designer, and it is an empire cut (gets wider from the waist) to give a slimming effect.  The top part is curved in (and I wore simple jewelry), so focus is on the neckline rather than the chest line. 

PS. Not sure why I wasn't smiling, maybe because I was trying to hold my breath :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment