Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A Gift From A Good Friend

I got this adorable necklace from Shimomura-san, a colleague of mine at work.  She got back from Mauritius on holiday and gave this lovely necklace to me as a wedding gift.  Working with me for about 5 months now, I guess she has figured I love the color purple and pink.  So she chosen this purple and white shell necklace to compliment the various purple outfits I have.


I have to admit, I was a bit unsure what to wear it with.  In and by itself, this necklace is loud.  So I had to wear something that compliments, tones it down but at the same time, bring out the color and the details of the lovely shells.  So I tried a few combinations and finally was happy with the outfit I have chosen.  As usual, when in doubt always choose black, but I combined it with a purple long cardigan I got at a flee market in Bangkok and my purple/pink Guess shoes.  The black top I chose was a v-neck and its cut fell right where the necklace was, making it seamless, as if the necklace was part of the outfit.  The black trousers with the black top elongated my silhouette, and the trousers covered my already high heel shoes gave it a double impression that I am tall and slim :-).  And that...is always a great impression to have!  

No comments:

Post a Comment