Tuesday, December 7, 2010

My Great Finds

Shopping is always fun.  And girls LOVE shopping.  But the only thing is, it can be taxing on your wallet.  Well, over the weekend I spent around 7 hours at Orchard Rd, Singapore's shopping belt, and found really great finds.  I found places to shop that will not bust your budget but you can still look very stylish.

Far East Plaza on Scotts Rd
Small "boutique" type stores, with nice dresses and tops averaging around $30.  It also has lots of accessories stores where you can get hats, boa feathers, belts etc that are between $5-$10.  If you are going to a costume/theme party, this is the place to go.

Takashimaya and Robinson's
There are a lot of local designer counters that often are overlooked.  I found that dresses by Singapore designer Daniel Yam (Takashimaya 3rd floor) has a great fit and cut.  I somehow think Daniel designed it especially for me :-).  My body is not proportional - I have short legs, a hip that doesn't balance my waist, and shoulders and chest that are not the right proportion for my height.  So it is really important to choose styles that can 'camouflage' all my "opportunity" areas and make me look balanced.  It is not easy and it took a lot of trial and error. Daniel's designs are simple, stylish, and affordable.  There are many other brands in Takashimaya and Robinson's that are within these lines.  Spend a bit more time to look around, and you'll be surprised of what you can find.

Forever 21 at 313 Sommerset
I find that the accessories here are really great.  If you are looking for that seasonal item, a statement ring or necklaces, Forever 21 at 313 Sommerset has lots of variety.  Their have an extensive selection of accessories and at affordable prices ($5-$19) it is something you can afford to look good.

No comments:

Post a Comment