Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Love Thy Shoes

Shoes.

This is a topic where I can really say, "don't get me started".

I LOVE shoes. When it comes to shoes, I am a super-freak.  At one point in my life, I had about 300 pairs of shoes (for perspective, Imelda Marcos had 3000 pairs, so I am nowhere close).  But with so many unfortunate events happening around me, I gradually gave them away and I plan to cap it down to around 120.  Current count: 153.  Not bad considering how many I had before.  I used to buy 4 to 6 pairs a month.  Now I have managed to get 2 pairs in 6 months.  I have everything from Pradas to Charles & Keith's and I love them all.  I am not too good at rotating shoes and tend to wear my favorites.


My point is, it doesn't matter how many shoes you have or what brand, as long as it is comfortable and you are happy with it.  The key is to take care of your shoes, as they are part of your wardrobe and reflects who you are - same like clothes.


Here are several tips on treating your shoes the right way:
1. Take care of your shoes - box them (don't stack your shoes one on top of the other, it will ruin them).  Wrap the shoes in tissue paper before putting them into the box, stuff them with shoe trees or paper and clean them before storing them. I have 6 pairs of Guccis that are still in mint condition though I have had for 15 years now. 
2. Take a picture, paste it on the box, number it. This will make it easier when you search for them in the closet.

3. Keep a catalogue and match it with your possible wardrobe and bag combination.  It will make it easier to match your clothes with your shoes.

4. Put silica gels  in the shoe boxes and thirsty hippos in closet.  This will keep it dry given the crazy humidity levels here.

5. Nothing throws off a best dressed lady with chip heels. You can look super chic from head to toe, but once you see a chip in the heel, the whole look is thrown out the window.  Your shoe heel shows how meticulous you are in the inside.  An easy way to mend black heels is by using a black marking pen.

4 comments:

  1. OMG! you are so organized Jas! i dont think i can do that. I only have hmmmm ... let me see 15 pairs, every year I recycle my old shoes, and they are not expensive shoes like Bata ... But i like hush puppies when come to comfort. I have few shoes from this brand that last for more than 6 years. These are the only brand i bought for shoes, the rest are mostly BATA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Fine. Yes, I am a freak in that sense and I think I'm organized (though not as organized as I was before kids) hehehe...it doesn't matter how many shoes you have or what brand, as long as it is comfortable and you are happy with it. The key is to take care of your shoes, as they are part of your wardrobe :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahaha....oh .... i beat you on the shoes count....!! keep writing miss....

    ReplyDelete